Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Clark!


Clark turned 3 years old on August 1st! I can't believe he's getting so big. He truly is more little boy than baby now. He tries so hard to be good, but sometimes he can't resist... If I had to describe him to a stranger, I would say he has a sunshine smile. He is such a people person and will chat up anyone who will look in his direction at the store or anywhere! No shy violet here. He is smart and is always asking questions, wanting to understand. (I think that comes with his age.) Loves to read, color, sing! Loves his brother (bubba), even though sometimes it's more of a "tough" love situation. :)

I tried to set his b-day up with some age appropriate activities. We went to the zoo (Brucie in photo with the Galapagos Tortoises),
baked some cupcakes (with sprinkles!) which he picked out - frosting and all,
fixed a bike with Dad,
and had some serious sugar consumption. We did the candles 3 times, I think. Happy, happy birthday, Clark!


This is the cupcake he picked to eat. Also, thanks to HB and K who came to celebrate with us and make sure I didn't polish off the rest of those cupcakes alone!
Side note: Brucie devoured this cupcake like nobody's business. I wish I had it on video. I swear, like 30 seconds from start to finish. You would think he hadn't just eaten 2 whole pieces of pizza, or anything in the last 12 hours! He must be going through a growth spurt.

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute and getting so big! I still remember talking to you on the phone when you were overdue to have him...gasping for air :) Congrats...3 years as an official Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be mistaken. Clearly math CAN'T be your strong suit because it can't have been 3 years since I last saw you. The last time I saw you was at your baby shower at your mom's house. HUM...You must have meant he's only a year - maybe a year and a half old. NOT THREE!!

    Wow how time flies. Congratulations! I just can't get over how big he is now!

    ReplyDelete