Monday, March 16, 2009

The Father-Son Camp out

Well, we've had a great Spring Break! Our last, since Caleb won't be in school much longer. It's nice to have a chance to get away from our place for a while and crash at Grandma and Grandpa's way bigger and cooler place. We got to party with "Uncle D" who turned the big 1-0, hang out with the family (Caleb's and mine), and even the change of scenery was exciting to the boys. We are currently down shifting from all the fun times and readjusting to having a schedule and being at home again.

So, Clark and Caleb recently had their first "Father-Son Camp out" with the ward, which was exciting for us all. Mom got some "Mom time" and Father and Son set out for some male bonding adventures. I was surprised at Caleb's enthusiasm in taking our 2-year-old out to sleep in a tent for the night. Alone. Not even returning after discovering that their pillows were still at home, sitting on our bed. Brave soul! I have to say that I was a little pleased that Caleb was able to satisfy his "hankering" for camping and I didn't really have to go. A family trip is daunting with two little boys and an inexperienced camper such as myself. I have to admit that it has been almost 5 years that we've been married and we have yet to go camping together. (Those of you who know me well won't be too surprised about that fact.) I have some fun camp out pictures to share. They are adorable if I do say so myself. I can't believe that Clark is getting so big. Caleb more than fulfilled his promise to bring back pictures.
Setting up the tent!


Dinner Time... Gotta love the campfire meals on the cooler/table.
(Good call, Caleb, bringing that chair.)
Good Morning, Sunshine!

The Last at the Breakfast Table
(Which might be why Clark was so "sunny" when he woke up!)
Gotta love the self portrait with the head cut off. There are more of these pictures actually and they cracked me up, but this blog is pretty picture-heavy as it is so I will leave the hilarity up to your imaginations.
A Story from Caleb:

We had a pretty good time. It was on a lake so Clark kept wanting to "go down to da wader."
"No Clark, you already got your clothes wet, we aren't going to the water anymore" (we changed his clothes).
"Umm...daddy you wanna go close to da wader but not in da
wader?"
"No."Few minutes later..."Daddy you wanna come put the stick in da
wader?"
"No, not anymore. We're not going back down to the water"
So then he just started running for the water and I had to catch him. He
wasn't too happy about that. But we had fun.
I have to say that I'm feeling very grateful for all our blessings and the simple joys of life. The Lord has given us so much over the years including our family and the people we love. We probably won't ever have everything that we want, but we do have everything that we need and so much more. It's hard to look at my beautiful children and supportive husband every day and not give thanks to our Heavenly Father who loves and watches over us and still blesses us on top of it all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey! You didn't tell me you had a blog, or two boys!!! Crazy! Oh I am so far behind!
    They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete