Friday, June 19, 2009

Address?

Today I was talking with Clark, who is almost 3, and we were working on memorizing our address. We started slow and he got the hang of it, so I tried a little role play.

"Let's pretend you get lost. I'll ask you a question. Hey, what is your name? (pause) You say Clark."
"Clark."
"Okay, let's try this again. What is your name?"
"You know my name!" (laughing)
"No, I'm pretending, remember? What is your name?"
"Caleb... Clark."
"No, just Clark."
"Clark."
"Okay, let's try your address. Where do you live?"
"Here."
"Where is your house?"
"This is my house, silly! (laughs) We're at my house."
"Okay, let's try saying our address like we practiced, remember? Where is your house? What is your address?"
"In the closet."
"What is your name?"
"Clark."
"What is your address, Clark?"
"No, your address."
"Say what we practiced. Do you remember?"
"Yeah."
"Okay, your address is where you live. It's where your house is. Let's try again. What is your address?"
"No, I don't wear a dress. I'm a boy. YOU wear a dress!"
"Okay, I think that's good enough for now. Good job, Clark!"

Maybe I should have started with our phone number...

3 comments:

  1. Love those conversations! Thanks for writing this one down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie!

    This is Bill Andrus! I just got engaged and would love to send you and Caleb an announcement. If you'd like, you can send us your address to billandambersittinginatree@gmail.com.

    You don't need me to tell you this, but your boys are pretty darn cute.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. So young to be such a smart aleck! I love it.

    ReplyDelete