Monday, August 10, 2009

Hello again.

It's been a while. It may seem strange to some in this day and age, but sometimes I go a really long time without using the computer. It just doesn't seem to make my to do list sometimes, but mostly I've been in and out of town. Also, there is a guilty feeling involved with leaving your children to ravage someone else's house while you're on the computer. Even close relatives. Well, I'm back. (This may be a relief to my few remaining readers.) And I flatter myself even thinking that people still read my blog.

We have actually had an eventful few weeks. Spent a whole lot of time with family. My brother and his family came to visit from Colorado. Celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary. Went to the beach. Lots of summer stuff, relatively no pictures. I hate to admit it, considering I believe I have two of the most beautiful children in the world, but I'm not really a picture person. I am the person at the event that didn't even think to bring a camera (or left it in the car), but will ask someone with a camera if they will send me some of their pictures because I feel a bit guilty about not recording this part of childhood for my boys. In reality though, we have plenty of pictures. The boys' lives are well documented even though it may not be entirely with pictures.
This photo was taken on our anniversary.
We had a wonderful 5-year wedding anniversary. It isn't that we did anything spectacular, but we spent a few consecutive hours together without children. Sometimes that in itself is spectacular. I have to say that one of my favorite things to do is to talk to my husband. I think he's funny and after 5 years of marriage, he still makes me laugh. Technically, we go back a lot further than that, but that is a story for another time. We actually share a wedding anniversary with my grandparents. I really love them a lot and think of them (especially on our anniversary).


I've been spending a large part of my very small free-time sewing. I have made 2 shirts, altered 3 shirts, sewn 2 purses, and plotted more projects. My most recent learning is sewing with knit fabrics. Now, there is a reason why people buy their clothes from stores. It is because once you have factored in time and resources, it's usually cheaper these days to buy off the rack. But when you have a mother who has a lot of fabric laying around, with a $3.44 pattern you can have a very satisfying one of a kind article of clothing (hopefully one of a kind in a good way). I'm not posting the first attempt at this pattern because I think this one turned out much better.... :) If you're interested the pattern info is Simplicity New Look #6875 (from Walmart). Very simple, which is how I like it.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you still have devoted readers. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting too. I read about your projects and think about starting some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute shirt! Glad to hear Caleb still makes you laugh. He makes me laugh too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Anniversary! You're a super sewer! My mom was out here and she helped me make a dress, meaning she basically did the whole thing and I watched because I had no clue what to do. One day, I would love to learn more.

    ReplyDelete