Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

Naptime on Sunday afternoon (Caleb and Clark). The peaceful slumber of a man without any homework... yet.

Well, the exciting last semester is beginning. Caleb is scheduled to graduate in December and we are making important decisions for what happens next. Caleb is preparing to take the GRE exam. He is considering going to grad school for a master's degree in education. If you had asked me what he would be studying a few years ago I would not have seen that coming, but then again when we moved here we thought he would be studying accounting and not english...

I've decided to stop thinking I know what will happen in the more distant future and just choosing to "go-with-the-flow" and try to enjoy things as they come. Not to mean we will not be planning for our future, but you just can't control some things. I guess the Lord just wants us to stop trusting in our own strength and rely on him a little more. I would have to say that every time in my life that I have it all "figured out" is when the biggest surprises come. So, maybe grad school. Maybe not. Hopefully gainful employment... :) The good news is that when Caleb talked to his counselor she said that it looked like he would graduate with honors. Go Caleb!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Last semester, graduating with honors, maybe grad school... What a time of life! ;) Way to figure out that whole "rely on the Lord instead the arm of flesh" thing. I know that intellectually, but sometimes it's hard to remember in the midst of uncertainty. I think I'm getting better though. :) Life is certainly fun! I'll be home late Thursday night. When are you coming to the temple next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations are definitely in order!

    Good luck with the GRE. It's not so bad. Just make sure Caleb gets a book to see what sort of math stuff is in it (he'll ace the English part for sure).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture!

    I totally know what you mean about that "go with the flow" mentality. At least you can trust that the Lord's plans for you always end up being better than what you had planned...in the end :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete