Monday, July 11, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

It's been almost a year since I've posted anything here. This time period corresponds almost exactly with a part-time job I worked, and before too long I realized that I had bitten off a little more than I could chew.

I'm not sure what to write without making this entry incredibly long, so maybe I'll do a quick update followed by some snapshots of what has happened recently. I always admire the frequent, short posts of other bloggers, but never manage it myself. Age updates: Clark is 4.9-ish, Bruce is 3.5, Kate is 14 months.

We recently celebrated our 7 year anniversary. We've had a few "low key" anniversaries in the past few years (I wonder why. See children's ages above.), so we had a day-trip to Savannah, GA. It was beautiful! The architecture was amazing, we saw some fun shops, and ate some good food. These pics are from Paula Deen's restaurant "The Lady and Sons" which had some excellent Southern food: Fried Chicken, Fried Fish, Collard Greens, Grits, Black-eyed Peas, etc...


Caleb enjoying his meal. Just so you know, this is a posed shot. He took a similar picture of me, but I've spared you by not posting that one. (Don't worry... Permission was requested and granted.)


If we look a little sweaty/tired, we are. Sweaty but happy (see plate). It was H-O-T! I guess that's what you get for getting married in one of the hottest months of the year.


Me and Ms. Dean (in cut-out form)


This is Kate's first birthday party (in May).


Clark's wonderful Pre-School teacher Mrs. J. He had a really great year and now we're gearing up for "the big K" (a.k.a. Kindergarten).


The boys went to the "Father-Son Campout" again this year. We all enjoyed their night away. :) I think they set new records in dirtiness. (Look for this picture in the dictionary: Dirty, Happy)


Clark at a visit to the beach. We went with my brother Mike's family when they were in town last month and had a blast. Not the best picture, but I'm not the best photographer.


Bruce smiling. I think this was their expression for the whole day. They love the beach.


Kate running around at the beach. She is a water baby if I ever saw one. Lest you think I escaped all beach pictures, you can see my arm on the right of this picture. :)

Finally, a video of some baby giggles to brighten your day. Please excuse the mess in the background, but sometimes you gotta get these moments when they happen. It just happened to be a messy moment.



More to come soon... (fingers crossed) I will also be updating the profile pictures to something more recent in the near future.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so excited that you have a little time to post again! May you continue to have some time. :) What fun pictures! And cute giggling! I love baby giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see updates. I was just thinking about you the other day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how Bruce wipes off Kate's chin. Funny that a 3-year-old would worry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Kate is over a year old already. Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Thanks for the updates on your kids. That's awesome that Clark is reading. I LOVE teaching my kids to read. It's so rewarding that after I taught Kylie I just couldn't send her off to kindergarten; I wanted to keep teaching her. Thus started the Holladay Homeschool.
    I love the video of Kate laughing. Too cute. She has beautiful hair! It makes her look older than Kaitlyn, although I'm sure Kaitlyn is bigger. I wish they could get together. I'm sure they'd have fun.
    I'm glad you went to GA for your anniversary. It's always good to get away. I'd love to see GA, but now that you remind me, I'll wait till the weather cools.

    ReplyDelete