Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Scotty Potty

You can probably tell by now that I'm a better blog reader than a blog writer. I have a hard time thinking about what I'm going to write when I have a little boy (or boys) climbing up on my chair (like right now) trying to push some buttons.

We have been potty training. It was and is still a learning experience. Thank you to those character underpants, which eased our transition because Clark was so excited to wear them. I have to say that the tiny underpants are adorable and I love seeing them in the clean laundry (emphasis on the clean). Clark has got the hang of it, despite the "almost-made-it" experiences every once in a while including last week when he was sick (I guess they don't call it the runs for nothing). Now if I could only get him to not use all the soap and toilet paper... He's enjoying his newfound access into a mostly parent-supervised zone. He has even graduated from little potty to big potty of his own volition. I was surprised, since (as an almost 3 year old) he doesn't like change. He definitely wants to be a big boy, which has helped immensely with this new step for us. Officially, I cannot call him my "baby" anymore, which I still do despite his protests. He tells me, "Brucie is a baby! I'm a big boy!"

Special thanks to Aunt Kristy and Scott, who visited this weekend and brought the Wall-E shoes (and "Aunt C" who sent them on from her boys). Clark is in love with them and would wear them to bed if I let him. Not that he really knows who Wall-E is, but that doesn't seem to matter. (He doesn't have the attention span for Disney movies yet.)
We also competed in a friendly cheesecake competition. This was the first time making a cheesecake for me and it turned out fairly well. I came in 4th of 6 entries, but mine wasn't as fancy as the goat milk and toffee cheesecake that won first... I made a plain cheesecake with blueberry topping for Caleb who likes 'em plain. We all had a good time and I'm wishing I was more of a camera person because then I would have a picture. I'll have to see if I can rustle one up for all three of my loyal readers. :) And here are some recent pictures that I do have...

"Big Boy" Clark w/ his new shoes. Do you think he likes them? Does this say something about how exciting our average day is?


Jumping to show me the lights on the side of his shoes. (I couldn't get it in the picture. Tricky.)



Brucie, who is still a "baby".


Cheeeeeeeese!


Reading with Daddy.

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute. I am not excited for potty training. I'm glad to hear that your experience has been a success. I guess everyone learns to do it eventually.

    I love your posts...so don't stop trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone in the family saw this Mother's Day card that said something to the effect of, "Thanks, Mom, for teaching me how to use the potty. It's come in handy an awful lot." Keep up the good work!

    I think I would have liked your cheesecake better than the goat milk and toffee, though admittedly, I do like fancy cheesecake. (Cheesecake Factory anyone?) Our old bishop's wife made a pumpkin cheesecake that was FANTASTIC! I NEED that recipe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog!

    Your kids are ADORABLE. I love the pictures you took.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course! I'm excited that people still read my blog. I can't say much about my picture-taking skills (not much of a steady hand), but I think my kids are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete